Went to D’s birthday party, his 50th. Lovely little dog, like Pudsey, and a beautiful home.
We enjoyed afternoon tea in his spectacular backyard, and later looked at his ABBA shrine (indoors). Ended up borrowing many goodies.
The menu was the same as the Ritz in London, where D had recently dined:
Traditional Afternoon Tea
- Ham Sandwich with Grain Mustard Mayonnaise on White Bread
- Cheddar Cheese Sandwich with Chutney on Onion Bread
- Cucumber Sandwich with Cream Cheese, Dill, and Chives on Caraway Seed Bread
- Chicken Breast Sandwich with Horseradish Cream on White Bread
- Scottish Smoked Salmon with Lemon Butter on Rye Bread
- Egg Mayonnaise Sandwich with Chopped Shallots and Watercress on White Bread
- Freshly Baked Raisin and Plain Scones with Cornish Clotted Cream and Strawberry Preserve
- Assortment of Afternoon Tea Pastries and Cakes